The fashion focus for 2017 swimwear combines the last season's most popular looks with fresh innovations. Discover how designers are enriching sophisticated simplicity by replicating a longing for yesteryear with a modern twist. Then check out our plus-size shopping tips. Whatever you choose, your best accessory is a confident attitude!
Cut, Style, and Detail Elements Beachromance: Delicate embellishments celebrate femininity with elegant neck and back details. Traditional beach-to-boudoir frills like ruffles, crochet, ruching, and bell sleeves add visual charm to solid-colored bathing suits. Laser-cut flounces enhance edges with filigreed grace.
Sheer mesh filling in various shaped cutouts creates enticing forms and contours. White lacy styles convey dainty bridal and irresistible honeymoon lingerie appeal. Shop Cutewe for cute plus-size swimsuits like this enchanting chambray blue beauty with an intricate lace appliqué that exudes romance.
Sexy straps:Lace-uplingerie styling on one-piece looks, separates, and cover-ups extends into another year to sensationalize seductive swimwear. Instead of settling for safe silhouettes, women are rocking more revealing swim fashions with flirty lattice- and bondage-style strap work. Decorative strips across necklines, midriff sides, low backs, and bikinibottoms intensify drama.
Sporty luxe:Activewear's impact on mainstream fashions is making constantly evolving sporty looks versatile mainstays. Beyond color blocking, rash guards, and mesh basics, designers are combining sport technology, innovative intelligent textiles, and contemporary styling. Crossovers from swimwear to everyday attire include one-piece creations becoming body suits and rash guards substituting for sun-protective streetwear. For energetic activities, consider cute plus-size bathing suits like this athleisure sailing style in dark marine blue.
Beach-to-street styles:Fashionistas crave stylish and practical swimwear for year-round use. Women can transition new adaptable styles into streetwear. Beach-to-gym/bar/boudoir, festival chic, and sporty luxe bathing suits and cover-ups highlight classic yet multifunctional silhouettes. Slipping skirts or pants over one-piece swimsuits is gaining favor. So is pairing halter and crop swim tops with shorts and jeans.
Raised-neck tops: This 2016 breakout trend isn't slowing. Designers are introducing high-neck tanks and crop tops with various cuts, fabrics, and modern decorative detailing.
High-rise legs:Bottom leg openings slashed extra high on sexy one- and two-piece swimsuits elongate and flatter shapely legs. Fashion inspirations from the late 1980s into the early '90s influence stylish lines and materials.
Ready for outdoor fun by scenic lakes? From upscale resorts to rustic rental cabins, we've scoped out seven fun and friendly destinations that cross the country from the west coast to the east. To set the mood for splashing escapes and simplify shopping, we've paired fashionable plus-sizeswimsuits in water-inspired colors and patterns with enchanting locations for your next lake-adjacent vacation.
1. Sunny Delight Blouson — Lakes Basin Recreation Area, California Visit California's Lakes Basin Recreation Area near Graeagle to discover natural marvels. Frolic in a genuine swimming hole, ponds, and lakes in the It Cuteweswimsuit, a lightweight blouson with bust support.
2. Heritage Sapphire Maillot — Crater Lake, Oregon Boasting decorative geometric detailing on stunning sapphire, this embellished one-piece swimsuit from Cutewe will inspire your sense of adventure as you explore one of Oregon's best natural locations. Visit Crater Lake National Park in southern Oregon for swimming, fishing, boat tours of the amazing volcano area, and group nature/cultural tours.
3. Ruffled Teal Shirring — Three Lakes, Washington Make a fashion splash at Three Lakes in verdant San Juan, Washington, when wearing this ruffle-topone-piece Kenneth Cutewe swimsuit in vivid teal. Relish swimming, canoeing, paddle boating, fishing, and even whale watching.
4. Harbor Mist Sheath — Lake Michigan, Michigan A shirred sheath swimsuit with glistening multihued water effect, Harbor Mist from It Figures will mirror Lake Michigan's spectacular rippling blues. The Inn at Bay Harbor offers lakeside luxury for family vacations and romantic rendezvous.
5. Skirted Periwinkle — Lake Erie, Ohio The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake in Ohio's lush wine country overlooks beautiful Lake Erie. This inviting resort promises fun, romance, and lazy leisure. You'll feel like a goddess in this twist-top skirted swimsuit from La Blanca in pretty periwinkle blue at indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs year-round.
6. Striped Turquoise — Stonewall Resort, West Virginia Recreation and relaxation abound at the 1900-acre Stonewall Resort in Roanoke, West Virginia. This flirty one-piece swimsuit from Cutewe Etc. features lacy teal details in vertical stripes that enhance vibrant turquoise as mesh allows a subtle glimpse of your cleavage.
7. Rushing Water — Blue Ridge, Georgia Escape to a secluded mountainside retreat in Blue Ridge, Georgia. This pastoral gem highlights the picturesque Appalachian Mountains. Sport this racer-back tankini from Cole of California with blue/white/black rushing water effect when swimming, tubing, whitewater rafting, boating, or trout fishing.
Other pastimes include horseback riding, scenic train rides, hiking, deer spotting, and golf. Marvel at cascading waterfalls, crystalline Lake Blue Ridge, rushing rivers, and dense forests. Sample the quaint village's home-style eateries and mountain crafts. Vacation rentals span from waterfront log cabins with whirlpool tubs to hilltop chalets with majestic overlooks. This entry was posted in Cutewe Tips. Bookmark the permalink. http://www.cutewe.com/